You can’t find a recipe that’s this easy and tastes fresh and delicious, not to mention a beautiful looking recipe. I love this recipe for so many reasons. The best part is the layering of fresh flavors and textures. Also, this is light and can be served for breakfast up to a healthy late night snack. Try this simple yet elegant recipe.
Avocado Toast with Arugula and Tomatoes
Servings is for one
- 2 slices whole grain bread, I used sprouted bread mainly found in the refrigerated or freezer section. Or, use any whole grain bread of choice.
- 1/4 – 1/2 avocado, keep the pit inside the leftover, sprinkle some lemon or lime juice, put back together, wrap in plastic and save for later that day for another recipe.
- Sliced cherry or grape tomatoes
- Bunch fresh arugula, washed and patted dry.
- Sprinkling of coarse sea salt and ground black pepper
- Toast the bread until nicely browned on both sides.
- While the toast is still hot, spread the avocado over each slice.
- Add arugula and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Enjoy! For a non vegan recipe, add some sliced chicken or fish for added protein.