Who doesn’t love garlic bread? It’s my family’s favorite thing to order at any restaurant that has it on the menu. Now, I make it so simply at home using an old friend, a handy tube of “Crescent Rolls”
I saw I had a tube in the fridge that was going to expire in the next two days. We were having roast chicken that night for dinner. I was going to make the slandered crescent rolls but thought about trying my hand at garlic bread. Wow! This was so easy-peasy and came out so fantastic. Not kidding, better than any restaurant. I make this recipe at least twice a week and when company comes, they love this bread as well so, I make two batches. Bake one up today, you will know what I’m talking about during your first bite.
Best Garlic Bread Made Simply With A Tube Of Crescent Rolls
- 1 tube crescent rolls, I use the reduced fat sometimes, works great.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp salted butter, I use vegan butter
- garlic powder, I sprinkle to make a light to medium coating. This is to taste. About 1-3 teaspoons.
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil where bread will go.
- Open can on another piece of parchment paper. With fingers, put all perforated pieces together to make a rectangle. Press together and either roll out with a rolling pin or use your hands to gently stretch to make larger rectangle.
- Spread butter over dough along with oil and spices.
- Starting with one of the shorter ends, gently roll up. Place on prepared cookie sheet seam down. Use excess oil to rub over rolled bread.
- Make slits in over top of bread. Between 5 and 7.
- Bake for about 11 to 15 minutes. Turn pan around after 5 minutes. Check after 11 minutes. Try not to burn the bottom. Bake until the top of bread is browned light to medium. Let sit on pan for just a few minutes before cutting. Then, enjoy!!