If you like chocolate chip cookies and brownies, you will love this easy recipe for Blondies. For anyone who does not know what a Blondie is, it’s basically a chocolate chip cookie made into bar form. Here is a delicious gluten free recipe that’s been a big hit around my home for a while now. Give this recipe a try and see how they disappear fast as they do around here.
Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour/meal
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour, you can use white rice flour too.
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or kosher salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter or softened coconut oil, not melted.
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar, date sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup natural cane sugar, regular granulated sugar or xylitol
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup good quality chocolate chips, try for at least over 60 percent cacao
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Add in vanilla and eggs one at a time until all is combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir with a rubber spatula. Toss in the chocolate chips and mix to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake from 20 to 24 minutes. Check after 20 minutes.
- Let cool at least 20 minutes in pan. Slice into 18 bars.