Love salads, especially for lunch. The markets make it so easy and convenient these days by having the packages of lettuce all wash and cut up. All I had to do with this salad was add some more yummy ingredients for a healthy and scrumptious lunch. I loved it so much, I had it the next day too. See how simple and fast this salad is, taste the goodness.
Black Bean Pumpkin Seed Quick Salad
- 1 package pre-chopped salad greens, I used a bag with kale, cabbage and romaine.
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots, also already packaged
- 1/4 raw or toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup black beans from a can, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup currants or raisins
- dash turmeric
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic and onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp cold water
- Open bag of lettuce and pour into large serving bowl.
- Sprinkle carrots, currants and pumpkin seeds over top. Add drained black beans.
- To make the dressing, place ingredients into a jar with a lid, I used a small mason jar. Shake up well. Pour over salad then sprinkle just a little turmeric.
- Toss, plate up and eat up. ENJOY!