When you bite into one of these gooey brownies, you will not believe they are made with healthy ingredients. No beans in these brownies! Grain free too. Just lot’s of fudgy goodness to love.
Blender Fudgy Nutty Avocado Brownies
Servings, 9 – 12 brownies
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 3 large eggs, you can make these with vegan eggs but, I have not tried it with this recipe as of yet.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce, I used baby food applesauce
- 1/2 cup raw honey or maple syrup, I like Grade B, it’s thicker
- 2 tbsp melted and cooled coconut oil
- 1 packet. 1/4 tsp all natural stevia, optional
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup natural cacao powder or natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp almond milk if needed for texture
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips or more semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease an 8 x 8 square baking pan then line with parchment paper and grease or spray paper with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a blender, place avocado with eggs and blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients one by one up until the chips. Blend until batter is smooth and no chunks are present. Add milk if needed but, only if the batter will not smooth out. You want a thick batter.
- Add half of the chips and nuts and whirl just until mixed in batter.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle the rest of the chips and nuts over top.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Try not to over bake. Toothpick should come out clean or with dry to slightly moist crumbs. Let cool at least 25 minutes on cooling rack.
- Slice up brownies and store in fridge up to 4 days. You can keep them in a sealed container and left on counter for a day or so. Better to keep them in fridge and let sit on counter to warm up before eating. Enjoy!!
Discover 13 Health Benefits of Avocados a comprehensive article from Health and Fitness Shop.