My niece Zoey came up with these healthy and delicious muffins that are easy to make right in your blender or food processor. Pack them into lunch boxes or grab a couple to take to work or after a workout. A big thank you to both my beautiful Nieces Zoey and Eva. XO
Blender Yogurt Banana Oat Muffins
Ingredients: Makes 12 muffins – calories 223, fat 1.8 grams, protein 4 grams, fiber 3
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup plain or vanilla or banana Greek yogurt
- 2-4 tbsp milk of choice, I used almond milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea or Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 packets all natural Stevia or Xylitol or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 currants, optional
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray or baking spray. Set aside
- Place one cup of the oats in the blender and pulse until the oats turn into flour. Take out and set aside.
- Place the second cup of oats along with all the rest of the ingredients except the chips and currants into the blender and mix until all is smooth.
- Add back the oat flour, chips and currants and pulse until all is combined. If you have to add a little more milk, do this by 1 tablespoon at a time. Batter will be thick.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes until muffins spring back when touched and toothpick comes out clean or with dry crumbs.
Enjoy these healthy and wonderful muffins!
Makes 12 muffins