If you like coconut, you will love these creamy, crunchy coconut cheesecake bars. They are always a big hit around my home. A bonus is, they are pretty much guilt free with not too much fat or calories per serving. So have one and savor every bite.
Coconut Cheesecake Bars with Chocolate Drizzle
Servings 9 to 12 squares
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3 tbsp pure cane sugar or granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut milk, can be light coconut milk
- 1 large or extra large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp unsweetened or sweetened shredded coconut, toasted in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes when ready to top bars
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate melted when ready to top bars
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, spray an 8 inch square nonstick baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- For crust; mix 1/3 cup shredded coconut, egg whites and vanilla in a small bowl. Press evenly into pan. Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until browned. Place on cooling rack.
- For filling; In a medium mixing bowl, using a hand held mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add egg and coconut milk. Gently mix just until combined.
- Spread filling evenly over crust. Bake for about 15 to 19 minutes or until filling is set. Cool on wire rack for 20 minutes. Place in fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Take out of fridge, cut into 9 or 12 bars, top with toasted coconut and drizzle melted chocolate. Place back in fried for 10 minute for chocolate to set up. Enjoy these luscious bars!!