Do you love mashed potatoes? I do and so does my whole family. Sometimes I would run through the drive-in of KFC and pick up their mashed potatoes then, serve with the main meal. For awhile I never said anything. No one knew! I couldn’t stay silent any longer when my son said they were the best mashed potatoes in the world! I came clean and then, promised I would try to make a copycat recipe. Well, I did and now my son says these tasted just like KFC and were great! The recipe is so simple and delish. Make some soon. You and your family will love these creamy mashed potatoes that really do taste just like KFC!
Copycat KFC Mashed Potatoes
Serves 4 to 5 side dishes
- 1/3 cup whole milk, or 2 percent is fine too
- 1 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 tbsp plus 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 tsp sea or Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring the milk and water to a boil. Add salt and 3 tbsp butter. Simmer just until the butter melts.
- Take off the heat and sprinkle in potato flakes.
- With a whisk or fork, mix then whip up potatoes until fluffy.
- Sprinkle pepper and 1 tbsp butter on top. Let melt into the hot potatoes.