Chicken is so versatile and relatively inexpensive. It’s nice to always find new recipes to make at home. I love this recipe because, not only is it delicious but, it’s fast, easy and healthy since it’s baked not fried. Perfect for a weeknight meal. Add a veggie and starch and you have a delectable dinner everyone will love. We actually like this the next day on a roll cold from the fridge.
Crispy Baked Chicken Cutlets
Serves 4, one cutlet per person
- 4 large chicken cutlets
- 1 cup plain or seasoned bread crumbs, I mixed regular with panko
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp onion and garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 egg mixed with 2 tsp cold water
- cooking spray
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray only on the area you will be placing the cutlets. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, add the crumbs, parsley, garlic and onion powder, mix to incorporate seasonings.
- Rinse cutlets in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. If they are very thick, you may want to pound them thinner.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Have another shallow bowl with the egg wash. Dip chicken into egg, let drip off a bit. Dredge into breadcrumb mixture, making sure you get both sides.
- Lay coated cutlets on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil over each top of cutlet.
- Bake for about 25 minutes depending on how thick the cutlets are. After 15 minutes, flip cutlets over. Chicken is done when there is no pink inside and juices run clear.
- Let cutlets sit on pan for about 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Plate up and ENJOY!