Enjoy these delicious cookies at breakfast or as a healthy snack. Of course they are a great dessert too. Enjoy every bite!
These cookies taste so good, you won’t believe they are made with healthy ingredients. The punch of protein is great to keep full between meals. I eat one or two for breakfast some days. My kids take them to school and my husband enjoys them in the middle of the day for a delicious snack. Give this easy recipe a try.
Delicious Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
- 1/2 cup vanilla or plain protein powder, I use different ones, pea protein or whey protein are my favorites
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp coconut flour or oat flour or mixed
- 1/4 cup Swerve, Xylitol or baking Stevia are all good to use
- 2 tbsp coconut or date sugar
- 1 tbsp honey or any liquid sweetener of choice such as Agave
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp corn starch or arrowroot starch/flour
- 1/4 vegan butter, dairy butter or all natural non GMO butter flavored shortening, or softened coconut oil
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 Flax egg, 2 heaping tablespoons golden flax meal with 4 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips, I used 60 percent cacoa
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- 2 – 4 tbsp almond milk or you choice of milk if needed for batter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Add in wet ingredients. Mix with wooden spoon until combined. If needed, get in there with your hands and mixed completely. If batter is too dry, add a tablespoon at a time to be able to form the batter into a ball. Toss in chips and nuts if using and combine well into batter.
- Place in fridge for 10 minutes.
- Roll into golf ball size balls.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes. Try not to over bake. Cool cookie sheet on wire rack for 10 minutes then slide parchment paper off cookie sheet and let cool another 15 minutes.
Cookies keep at room temperature in a sealed container for up to 3 days or in fridge for 5 days. Freezes well up to a month.
Enjoy these soft and chewy healthy cookies.