I love this fresh and easy salad. It’s so easy to put together and you can enjoy it anytime without much preparation. The prepackaged bags of salads in the markets are just great for convenience. Let’s face it, we are all on a busy schedule these days. It’s great to have these healthy options. You can always add you favorite nuts, seeds or dried fruits for even more texture. The skies the limit.
Delicious Detox Salad
Makes about 2-3 main course salads
- 1 bag kale, washed and pre-cut if possible
- 1/2 bag shredded broccoli slaw
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 -1 cup pomegranate seeds, if not in season sub with dried pomegranate, pumpkin or sunflower seeds or all of them.
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbs honey
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper
- In a large serving bowl, pour the whole bag of kale in. Toss around. Add the rest of the ingredients by layering on top. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- While the salad is in the fridge, make the dressing by taking a mason jar and placing all ingredients inside. Shake well. Place in fridge as well for about 15 minutes or longer.
- When ready to serve. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad and toss gently. Serve up and enjoy. (You will probably have extra dressing, which will stay in fridge up to 5 days.)