This cake is really easy to throw together at the last minute. Love using cake mixes when rushed for time. This moist and delectable cake is just delicious and it really does taste like pumpkin pie in a cake form. Kind of a magical cake that has a layer of pumpkin pie and the other layer cake with a crunchy topping. Great for any season especially autumn and holiday time. Everyone loves this cake.
Easy Pumpkin Pie Dump Cake
Serves 12 to 16
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree, NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk, NOT sweetened condensed milk
- 3 medium to large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 – 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 1 cup butter melted and cooled a little
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped or broken up into large pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a 9 X 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray, use a glass baking pan if you have on hand.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except cake mix and butter. Use a whisk to mix well. (It’s going to be a very runny batter)
- Pour mixture into baking pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over entire pumpkin mixture.
- Toss pecans gently over top.
- Drizzle melted butter over pecans.
- Bake for about 55 to 65 minutes. May still be slightly loose in the middle. Cake will set up as it’s cooling. Let cool at least 35 minutes.
- Slice up and enjoy!
Great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
*Any leftovers must be kept in fridge, up to 3 days.