This is one of the easiest and most delicious chocolate cakes ever! A no fail dessert. It’s so moist and fudgy. Just a tip, when cake mixes are on sale buy a few and then you know you will always be able to whip up a special cake.
Everyday Chocolate Pecan Bundt Cake
- 1 box Super Moist Chocolae Cake Mix, I used Betty Crocker
- 1 (3.4 oz.) package chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/4 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. whole milk, cream or half and half
- 3/4 cup toasted chopped pecans. you can quickly toast the nuts in the oven for about 5 to 10 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10 inch bundt with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all cake ingredients. Mix with a hand held mixer for about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides with a rubber spatula. Make sure you dip down as well to get any dry ingredients.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes. Check with a toothpick. It should have dry crumbs. Try not to over bake.
- Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes, then invert onto to rack.
- To make the chocolate glaze:
- In the microwave, place chocolate and cream on 30 seconds, take out and mix, put back in for another 20 seconds. Repeat. Do this until you have a nice smooth and shiny glaze.
- Place on serving plate and drizzle with chocolate glaze and top with toasted chopped pecans. For the glaze I used a fork and made a mess, have fun with it. This is the step my son loves to do.
Enjoy this wonderful treat, you deserve it!