This is a simple recipe is so deep, dark and chocolaty using different kinds of Hershey’s chocolates inside and on top for the best and easiest frosting ever. Believe it or not, these brownies are lower in fat and calories than a typical brownie. But, you will never know it and neither will anyone else that you serve them to. Bake a batch today and taste for yourself. These brownies are so yummy!
Gooey Hershey Frosted Brownies
Yields 12 to 15 brownies
- 1/2 cup cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour, you can use all purpose for the whole recipe if you don’t have pastry flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa (I use Hershey Special Dark you can use any Dutch or regular cocoa powder)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, I used these…
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (melt the chocolate and butter in microwave for about 30 seconds, stir and put back in for another 30 seconds if needed. Let cool for a few minutes. )
- 1 cup granulated sugar, I used Evaporated Pure Cane Sugar
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp low fat sour cream, do not use fat free
- 2 tbsp Hershey chocolate syrup, I used Hershey Special Dark
- 3 to 4 Hershey snack Bars for frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray an 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the cooled chocolate/butter mixture.
- Whisk in the sugar with the eggs along with the sour cream. After this is all mixed up add the chocolate syrup.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread out to the edges of the pan. Make sure it’s even all around.
- Bake about 18-23 minutes. A toothpick should come out with moist crumbs. Try not to over bake. Check after 18 minutes.
- Place on cooling rack, open up snack bars and place right on hot brownies, with an offset spatula or butter knife, smooth chocolate evenly to frost the brownies. Let cool completely on rack.
- When cooled, cut into squares. Can be stored on counter for up to 2 days or in fridge up to 5 days.
ENJOY THE CHOCOLATE YUMMINESS!
** Suggested Bakeware I use: Witton Advance 9 inch nonstick, KitchenAid KBNSO09SQ Professional-Grade Nonstick 9″x9″x2″ Square Pan Bakeware