Another delicious and easy recipe that my daughter made for her roommates and herself. Back for another year at college. They recently moved to a new house with a big kitchen. Actually the house is over 100 years old. The kitchen was remodeled a few years back. Lots of cooking and baking will be going on this year. Not just Ramen noodles for these girls. After she gave me the recipe, I made it at home and my son and husband loved it. We love Greek food and this was sure a winner. Thanks Tor!
Greek Style Chicken over Lemon Rice – What a College Girl Eats
- 4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, rinsed with cold water and patted dry with paper towels
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 – 2 garlic cloves, or 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 tbsp fresh chopped parsley, you can use dried but for this recipe fresh is best
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
For the lemon rice:
- 2 bags instant white, brown rice or any flavor – like Uncle Bens or minute rice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- In a large Ziploc bag, add olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Swoosh around to combine all ingredients.
- Add chicken breasts. Place bag on a plate in fridge for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Using a large non stick pan or grill pan, place the 4 chicken breast in pan and grill or Sautee on each side until juices run clear. Make sure there is no pink inside.
- While the chicken is cooking, make rice and pour into medium serving bowl, drizzle lemon juice over and toss gently. Add zest, salt and pepper and toss gently again.
- Serve chicken over rice.