Submitted by: Justin Glenn
Many new comers to exercise and fitness have a difficult time choosing a workout program. There are so many programs that it can be overwhelming. This article is going to give you five ideas to consider that will help you choose a workout program that is best for you.
Permanent link to this article: http://skinnysweetsdaily.com/5-ideas-to-consider-when-choosing-a-workout-program/
This is a wonderful recipe that is fast and easy to put together any day of the week. Your dinner guests will be impressed with this treat. The recipe yields 2 servings but it is easy to double or even triple the ingredients (as I’m sure you will want to make more after you try it!). Using canned pumpkin makes this even that much faster to eating this yummy dessert.
Nutrition: per serving – calories 118, fat 0.1, carbs. 24, fiber 1.2, protein 3.4
Permanent link to this article: http://skinnysweetsdaily.com/easy-low-fat-pumpkin-mousse/
Submitted by: Veronica Gantley
I don’t think there is anything better than a delicious steak grilled to perfection. The only problem is who wants to stand out in this cold over a grill to make it. Perhaps you live in an apartment where you can’t grill. All you will need is a cast iron skillet. In order to ensure your steak and other foods are cooked to perfection you must season your cast iron skillet.
Permanent link to this article: http://skinnysweetsdaily.com/how-to-season-a-cast-iron-skillet/
Submitted by: Deborah Tomasetti Perham
Some of my earliest memories throughout the ’60s and ’70s are of sitting around the dinner table with my mom, dad, and sister. Dinner was at 5 o’clock prompt. Mom cooked every night. It was just something we did. Didn’t everyone? When I began working in New York City and not getting off the train until 7:15 p.m., I have a distinct recollections of walking in the door at home and hearing the ding from the microwave…dinner heated for me. Did my mom actually time my steps from the car to the door? The funny thing is, it was important to me to carry on that tradition when I got married.
Permanent link to this article: http://skinnysweetsdaily.com/honey-dinner-is-ready/
6 Best Foods You’re Not Eating
From watermelon to red cabbage, find out why these foods should be part of your diet.
WebMD Expert Column
By Kathleen M. Zelman, MPH, RD, LD
“Some foods are so healthy they star on every nutrition expert’s list of super foods. But often missing on those lists are some underrated gems that can definitely upgrade your diet.
Permanent link to this article: http://skinnysweetsdaily.com/best-healthy-foods-you-arent-eating-greek-yogurt-canned-tomatoes-and-more/
Why you should never avoid breakfast:
- Breakfast improves your metabolism: Your blood sugar level drops down in the morning. You need food that can provide you energy to get through the morning.
- Keeps you on track if you’re looking to lose weight: Researchers have found that those who eat breakfast tend to maintain and lose weight. Though people skip breakfast in the hope of losing weight they tend to eat more during lunch or even choose unhealthier options later on which results into weight gain.
- Helps to maintain insulin response: Skipping meals leads to a hyper insulin response when calories are consumed later on. That means the level of insulin in blood results into fat accumulation.
- Helps perform better at work/school: Hungry employees and students don’t do any good at work/school. When you are hungry you are irritable and disinterested which reflects on your work too.
- Burns those calories early: If you have breakfast you can burn those calories early! How is that? Well, instead of going hungry till lunch and then eating something loaded with calories with fewer hours left in the day to burn it consider refueling yourself early and getting enough time to burn those calories.
- Skipping breakfast can make you grumpy: Oh yes! If you have been skipping breakfast and are in a bad mood, you probably should know why. Not having breakfast makes you grouchy. You might not even realize it and keep wondering why you’re so irritable!
Stay full, Stay happy!
Submitted by: Sue Miller-Romer
Permanent link to this article: http://skinnysweetsdaily.com/you-should-never-skip-breakfast/
Skinny Sweets Daily is proud is introduce it’s new membership website!
For over a year we have been sharing delicious recipes that are lower in fat and calories to satisfy your sweet tooth while trying to reach your weight loss goal. Pam Beth uses her magic in the kitchen to recreate the cakes, cookies, and other yummy treats that we grew up on to become more healthy, but still remain as delicious and satisfying.
She will continue this magic for the recipes on this new member site, for both the ones she finds or the recipes submitted by our members for her to Skinny-Size! Pam Beth plans on placing a higher concentration on Gluten-Free and Vegan recipes since this is a concern of many of our followers.
As a member you will receive the first look at all custom recipes, our Healthy Lifestyle newsletter, an opportunity to chat with Pam Beth, as well as a chance to have your favorite recipe Skinny-Sized. And, upon joining you will receive a complimentary ebook of our most popular recipes.
Additionally you will have the ability to chat with other members and contribute to the community discussion board.
Come join our family today!
Permanent link to this article: http://skinnysweetsdaily.com/welcome_to_ssd/