This delicious banana bread is a family favorite. I make it all the time. Now when the bananas are getting really dark I know the bread will be even naturally sweeter. Give this yummy recipe a try, it’s made with all healthy ingredients that’s gluten free and sugar free too. It’s a big YUM!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 very ripe bananas
- ¼ cup honey or agave nectar
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce or pureed prunes, I used baby food prunes.
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Golden Flaxseed Meal
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 to 2 small packets Stevia, I used organic Sweet Leaf
- 2-3 tbsp unsweetened coconut for sprinkling on top
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, I used Lily’s Sweets, sweetened with stevia. Or, Enjoy Life
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees, spray a loaf pan (I used metal) with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas, add honey, prunes/applesauce, coconut oil, vanilla, and lemon juice. Whisk in the eggs one at a time.
- In other bowl, sift together almond flour, golden flaxseed meal, coconut flour, baking soda. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet egg mixture and fold gently until incorporated. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Check after 45 minutes and turn the pan around after 20 minutes for even baking. You may need to cover pan with tin foil to keep the top from getting too dark. Test by poking a toothpick into the middle. If it comes out clean and not wet, the bread is done. Let cool on wire rack for at least 20 minutes. Then, invert and slice up. Enjoy this healthy and very delicious bread.
Please note: The highlighted ingredients are the products that I used in this recipe. It’s just a suggestion since I have had success with these products.
ENJOY THE HEALTHY YUMMINESS!