Want a fun party mix that everyone will love? Well, here it is. You can whip this festive, patriotic party mix up in no time at all. I like to make it red white and blue on most occasions even if it’s not for a holiday. Try it today and crunch away. For an added punch of salty taste, try adding some crunched up pretzels. You can swap out and add in your favorites. The skies the limit.
Red White & Blue Patriotic Party Mix
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 3/4 bag to 1 bag Wilton Candy Melts, I used White
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries or blueberries or both, optional
- 1 bag red white and blue M&M candies, I used Peanut Butter
- 2-3 Tbsp Red White and Blue Sprinkles/Jimmies
- Have a cookie sheet lined with parchment or wax paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine Chex with marshmallows and dried berries if using.
Place the white chocolate melts into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Save 3 to 4 melts. Melt in the microwave on high for 30 seconds then stir. Melt for an additional 30 seconds. Stir again. Do this until chocolate is shiny and melted. Do not over heat the chocolate. Toss the few melts into the melted chocolate and stir until they melt in. Pour over Chex. Toss with spatula until all is coated.
- Pour mixture onto lined cookie sheet and spread out. Toss M&M candies and sprinkles over top. Gently press into Chex Mix. Let set up on counter for at least an hour or place in fridge for about 15 minutes. When completely set. Break into medium and large uneven chunks.
Please Note: Ingredients highlighted are ones I used for this recipe and many others. They are only suggestions. 🙂