Here’s a delicious soup that even a meat eater will love. It’s so hearty and filling. Great for a weeknight meal and even for a larger gathering. Doubles and triples easily. Grab some crusty bread to sop up the soup that’s left on the bottom. Mmmm, this is really delicious.
Rustic Red Bean and Veggie Soup
Servings about 6 to 8
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 1-2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 bag shredded carrots (10 ounces or close to it)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cans red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp sea or Kosher salt or leave out until all soup ingredients are mixed and have cooked
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (14.5 ounce can)
- 4 cups vegetarian broth
- 1 cup filtered cold water
- 1/2 cup mini tube pasta
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon Vegan soup base, or Roasted Chicken Better Than Bouillon soup base
- Heat oil in large soup pot, toss in chopped onions and celery. Cook for about a minute or two then add in carrots and garlic.
- Add in all other ingredients. Bring to a boil then turn down to simmer.Cook for about 30 to 45 minutes uncovered.
- Taste for seasonings. Serve up and Enjoy!