This soup is my go-to recipe when I want to whip up something fast for my family or a healthy, quick lunch for myself. I work out of the house blogging all day and, since I’m testing recipes most days, there had to be a fast and delicious lunch I could grab after tasting so many other recipes. This one was and is just perfect. For dinner, we have a salad and some nice crusty bread and we have a warm, satisfying dinner everyone really enjoys. Try this simple and delicious soup. It’s a winner all around.
Shortcut Autumn Butternut Squash Soup
Serves 4 main course soup entrées. Cut the recipe in half for 2 single servings.
- Two 12 ounce packages frozen pureed butternut squash
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken stock, low sodium if possible
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, add more when soup is finished for taste
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or for vegan option, coconut cream
- 4 tbps roasted pumpkin seeds
- In a medium pot over low to medium heat, combine frozen squash, stock and seasonings.
- Cook until squash is cooked and soup is hot. Bring to a slight boil. Take off heat. Stir and check for seasonings.
- At this time add in the yogurt or coconut cream, Stir with a whisk. Toss in pumpkin seeds.