Recently my husband and I went on a mini second honeymoon to Bermuda. One day we enjoyed a spa day. How wonderful! This salad is just like the one I had at the spa in Bermuda. It was just perfect. The strawberries were sweet and the lettuce was slightly bitter. A perfect combo. They dressed the salad very simply too. See and taste for yourself. This is one salad I now make over and over again. You will too!
Simple Strawberry Spa Salad
Serves 2 large main course salads or 4 side salads
- 1 bag prewashed arugula
- 1 small bunch romaine lettuce, washed, dried and chopped
- 1/2 hot house or English cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, rinsed and dried
- 1 pint or more strawberries, rinsed in cool water, dried and sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans and walnuts or your choice of nuts
- Juice of one lime or lemon
- 1/4 cup spring or filtered water
- 3 tbsp honey
- small bunch parsley or basil
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste, I used a pinch of each
- In a large serving bowl, Toss lettuces together. Layer all other ingredients.
- In a mini chopper or blender, mix all dressing ingredients until all combined. Taste, if you need to add more lemon, honey, etc, do this now and keep tasting until you have the right amount of tang and sweetness you like. (Dressing stays in fridge up to a week in jar)
- Drizzle over salad and enjoy!