No, you didn’t see a misprint. Yes, these are avocado cupcakes, but, you won’t be able to taste it at all! I wanted to try a new vegan recipe; I had an avocado in the house and just thinking about how mild tasting they are. So I figured, why not use this as a great, healthy way of adding tons of moisture to the batter?! I promise you, none of my taste testers knew what was in these cupcakes until I told them and then they couldn’t believe it. They absolutely loved them! I hope you try this recipe and let me know what you think. Have a great weekend!
Nutrition: calories 181.6, fat 4.9 g, carbs 37.3 g, fiber 1 g, sugar 26. 8 g, sodium 147.3 mg, protein 2 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 5
Avocado Double Chocolate Vegan Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line a muffin pan with foil or paper liners and set aside until ready to fill.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, soda, salt and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a blender, add the cut up avocado along with the corn syrup, almond milk and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth, the mixture will be thick.
- Add the avocado mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well with a rubber spatula. Make sure you get all the way down in the bowl to incorporate all the flour mixture. If you need to add the two tbsp of almond milk do it now. Mix again and let the batter sit for 5 minutes but not longer.
- With an ice cream scooper, fill 12 lined muffin cups. There should be exactly the right amount to make 12 perfect cupcakes.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Turn the pan around after 10 minutes for even baking. If you need to bake another few minutes, keep an eye on them. You don’t want to over bake them.
- Test cupcakes with a wooden skewer or toothpick. A few moist to dry crumbs should be on the skewer. Take out of the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- To make the glaze: in a small microwave safe bowl, heat the small amount of almond milk for a few seconds. Then add the chips to the milk and whisk for a second. Put back in the microwave for about 20 seconds, take out and whisk again. Repeat until you have a nice smooth glaze.
- When the cupcakes are cooled, place them on a serving plate and frost each one. You will have enough glaze for each cupcake.
- To make the drizzle: in a small bowl, whisk the powdered sugar and vanilla with a few drops of cold water until you have a good consistency to drizzle over your glaze.
I hope you enjoy these delicious cupcakes!