This is a wonderful, creamy treat for the entire family. After making this recipe, you won’t need to buy these pops at the market anymore, especially since these take only minutes to make. I love this healthy recipe, especially since they remind me of having creamsicles as a child. I loved them then and I love them even more now knowing I can make them with better ingredients for my family. Please give this a try this weekend and let me know what you think. Enjoy.
Nutrition: calories 78, fat 0 g, carbs 17.6 g, fiber .5 g, sugar 17.1 g, sodium 14.7 g, protein 2.5 g, Weight Watchers® points: 2
- 3 Dole mandarin orange cups in its own juice — they come in a four pack, 1/2 cup each
- I 6 ounce container Yoplait fat free vanilla Greek yogurt — or any fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 3 ounce paper cups
- 8 wooden Popsicle sticks — you can find these in any craft stores
- 8 small cut pieces of aluminum foil — to cover the cups
- In a blender, whirl up the 3 cups of oranges until smooth.
- Add the yogurt, honey and vanilla extract. Blend once more until you have a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Pour into paper cups and cover with the small pieces of foil over each.
- Freeze for about 30 minutes. Remove from freezer and make a small cut in each piece of foil and insert the wooden stick into each cup.
- Put back in the freezer until completely frozen. About 6-8 hours.
Enjoy this creamy cool treat!
Makes 8 creamsicle pops.