This is a wonderful, refreshing treat that is very low in calories, fat and even sugar. It also is a great source of potassium and vitamin C. This smoothie would be great for an afternoon snack or to serve at a BBQ this weekend.
Recipe yields 2 large glasses but of course you can double or even triple for company. Enjoy this guilt-free smoothie and as always, I’d love to hear what you think. Enjoy the weekend.
Nutrition: calories 73, fat less than 1 g, carbs 17.3 g, fiber .9 g, sugar 16 g, sodium 3.1 mg, protein 1.1 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 2
Watermelon Low Calorie Low Fat Slushy Cooler
Makes 2 large glasses
- 2 cups fresh watermelon — no seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice — you can use lemon but I enjoy the taste of lime with watermelon
- 1 tbsp superfine sugar, not powdered sugar — if you don’t have superfine then you may use regular granulated sugar. For sugar free, use Stevia or Agave to taste.
- 1 heaping cup of ice
- 3/4 to 1 cup very cold water
- Add all ingredients to a blender. You may want to start with the watermelon and water first, then add the rest and whirl up until it is at the consistency you like. We like ours very slushy and icy.
Check out this watermelon inspired recipe: Skinny Watermelon Cupcakes