Do you have one of the vegetable spiral gadgets? I just got one for under 10 dollars. It’s been the best 10 dollars I have spent in a long time. I love it! My son and I made this fresh and delicious dish in just a few minutes. All raw and all done with the spiral maker and mini chopper. We ate this raw, you can put in the microwave for under a minute to warm up but, either way this is one fabulous dish.
Spiral Zucchini With Fresh Tomato Basil Sauce
Ingredients: All ingredients are approximate
- large or 2 small fresh zucchini, washed with the skin left on
- 1 cup Cherry or Roma tomatoes
- 1 small clove garlic chopped
- 1 cup or so of fresh and washed basil leaves
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley
- sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 or more tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 dried dates that have been soaking in hot water that’s been boiled for about 15 minutes or until they are soft. Then chopped
- pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- Place all ingredients except zucchini into a mini chopper, food processor or high speed blender. Whir until all is blended but still chunky. Set aside until zucchini is ready.
- In a large bowl, place your spiral maker inside and then spiral away until you get to the end of the zucchini. Follow manufacture directions.
- When all finished, break up the “pasta” if needed. Pour your homemade fresh sauce over and gently toss. Makes enough for about 2 people as a main dish. Add chicken or any protein of choice. We added chickpeas and it tasted delicious. Enjoy to your health!