This recipe is just one in a collection of dump cake recipes. I really enjoy making these for the ease of preparation and for never letting me down and coming out perfect each time. Lemon and strawberry go so well together. A great combo.
Strawberry Lemon Dump Cake
- 1 frozen bag whole strawberries, no sugar, should only say strawberries
- 1 box lemon or white cake mix, only dry mix is used
- 1 small box lemon instant pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cup milk, I used 1%
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Kosher or sea salt
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, grease or spray a 9 inch square pan and toss frozen strawberries into pan. Do not thaw. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare pudding mix with the 1 1/2 cups of milk, add the vanilla extract and salt. Add dry cake mix only. Mix with the 2 tablespoons of milk, the batter will be very thick. You can add another tablespoon of milk if needed. Make sure you dip deep and mix in all the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter over strawberries, you can wet a rubber spatula to spread out as even as possible or wet your hands and spread until the batter reaches the corners.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes or until the batter starts to bubble and the top is lightly brown. A toothpick should come out clean for the cake on top. Sprinkle white chips now if you are adding them.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes on a wire rack, serve up with your favorite topping and enjoy!
- Store in fridge for up to 3 days.