For a quick and fun snack the whole family will love, make a batch of these sweet and salty pretzel snaps. Takes only a few minutes from start to finish. Great for gift giving and so versatile. Change up the topping for any occasion. We made a batch of 35, make as much or as few as you’d like.
Sweet & Salty Patriotic Hugs Pretzel Snaps
Serves 35 – Calories per snap, 48.3, fat 2.3 g, carbs 5.1 g,
fiber .2 g, sugars 3.9 g, protein .5 g
- 35 pretzel snaps
- 35 unwrapped hugs, any flavor of choice
- About 1 tsp per snap colored sprinkles, we used already mixed red, white and blue, found at the local market or online
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside for just a few minutes.
- While the oven is heating up. Unwrap the hugs and get your sprinkles opened up with a teaspoon ready.
- Lay out the pretzel snaps on lined cookie sheet. Place a Hug in the center of each snap and bake for about 3 to 4 minutes. You will see the chocolate get shiny. Try not to over heat the chocolate.
- Take out of the oven and carefully place cookie sheet on cooling rack on counter. Now, toss sprinkles over each chocolate snap. Let sit on counter to cool completely.
- When they are completely cooled, place in an air tight container or zip lock bag. They will stay for up to 4 days on the counter (If they last that long). Make an extra batch and give to someone special.