It’s always important to stay hydrated, especially during the hot summer days. Here is a list of ten hydrating foods that may help you plan your day.
- Cucumbers top the list with 96% water. Not only are they a great source of vitamin C, they are crunchy and delicious. Toss them in a salad or just eat them by themselves.
- Celery comes in at number 2 with 96% water. What a great, healthy dipping veggie. Just slice them up and get some salsa and dip away.
- Lettuce is 95% water. The greener, leafy kind has more nutrients than iceberg (even though I have to admit, it’s still my favorite). When it’s hot outside, what’s better than a nice cold salad for lunch or dinner?
- Zucchini, which is also 95% water, has vitamins C and potassium. It tastes great on the grill or sautéed in a little olive oil.
Don’t worry, fruits are on the way!
- Tomatoes, coming in at 94% water, also have vitamin C and A. Toss them in a salad with some fresh basil and olive oil and it’s just delish.
- Watermelon, which has 92% water, is my all-time favorite summer fruit. I just read that it is more hydrating than some sports drinks and much healthier in my opinion. Watermelon also has vitamin A and C and is beyond sweet and refreshing.
- Bell peppers, which I just eat like an apple, have 92% water. My son loves the orange ones and eats them the same way. They have beta carotene, vitamin B and C, plus many more benefits.
- Strawberries have 92% water. I love the fiber they have and of course the vitamins to boot. Toss them over a salad or have them as a cool, refreshing dessert.
- Cantaloupes have 92% water; my whole family loves them and we enjoy them year round. They have vitamin A and C along with potassium. Cantaloupes are easy to find throughout the year at most markets.
- Peaches, yummy, sweet peaches. At 88% water, they’re also an excellent source of vitamin A and potassium. Just like cantaloupes, they’re easy to find most times of the year. They might be a little pricey, but splurge once or twice and enjoy them.
Hope this helps a little in finding some good choices for yummy hydrating foods for any time of year.
Discover more about cucumbers from this article from Positive Health Wellness: Benefits of Cucumbers, All You Need To Know