Submitted By: Liz Hughes
The trick to 5 ingredient dinners, are the ingredients themselves. They need to be really good quality so that each ingredient can hold it’s own.
5 Ingredient Meatball Sliders
Makes 12 sliders
- 2 lbs. frozen or fresh meatballs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 jar (about 12 ounces) store bought tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated mozarella cheese
- 2 bags Rhodes Warm and Serve Dinner Rolls (12 total)
- 2 cups baby arugula leaves
- In a large sauté pan heat olive oil on medium high. Add meatballs and brown on all sides, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add sauce and cover. Cook on medium for 15- 20 minutes depending on size of meatball.
- While meatballs are cooking bake rolls in oven according to package directions .
- Split rolls and place arugula on bottom half (after the rolls are done baking you can split them and toast for extra crunchiness). Place meatballs on top of arugula (1 or 2 depending on size) and top with shredded mozzarella. Top with extra sauce if desired. Serve warm.