When I lived in Atlanta and had my catering company, I made a brownie pie that was loaded with fat and calories. It was good but, this version is so much better. Not only because it’s soooo much lower in fat and calories, it’s just so rich in chocolate and tastes so decadent. This recipe is easy to make and great for company or any weeknight dessert for the family. So, go and enjoy! Without the guilt!
Nutrition: calories 112, fat 4.8, carbs 16.8, fiber 0.9, protein 1.3, Weight Watchers® points: 3
- 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Dutch processed cocoa powder (I think this cocoa makes the brownies richer but you can use regular cocoa powder as well)
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 1/2 tbsp instant espresso powder (mix with the 1 tbsp warm water)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 oz semi sweet chocolate chips (melt with the butter in microwave for 30 seconds and stir, repeat for 30 seconds if needed, let cool for a few minutes)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 large or extra large egg lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp plus 2 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a glass pie baking pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk the flour and baking powder along with the cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl mix whisk the espresso mixture with the melted chocolate and butter.
- Combine sugar, salt and beaten egg and add to the flour mixture. The batter will be stiff.
- Start adding 1 tablespoon of water at a time to make the mixture stir easier. If you don’t need all the water that is fine. It still will be on the stiff and sticky side.
- Place the batter in the prepared pie pan and spread out to the end of the pan.
- Bake about 18-24 minutes. When you stick a toothpick in it the toothpick should come out with moist crumbs. Don’t over bake.
- Let cool an hour on a wire rack in the pan. Then cut into 12 servings and Enjoy!
More Delectable Pie Recipes: