We love sweet potatoes in my house. I make baked or mashed quite often. I thought of changing things up a little and had some grated coconut in the house and tried this hoping the family would like this new side dish. Well, they loved it. So, now this is a staple around here.
Nutrition: calories 70 fat 3.6 g, carbs 8.8g, fiber 1 g, protein .8 Weight Watchers PointsPlus® 2
Baked Coconut Sweet Potato Fries
- 3 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened grated coconut
- salt and pepper to taste
- Coconut cooking spray, if you don't have this, you can use canola spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, line a large cookie sheet or two with non-stick aluminum foil. Mist with cooking spray and set aside.
- Peel and cut potatoes into French fry shapes. Keep them around the same size for even cooking.
- Toss into a large bowl with the melted coconut oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay onto the cookie sheets in a single layer. Bake 15 minutes, take out and shake the pan around or with tongs, turn the potatoes over so each side gets nice and crispy. (Remember, the oven is very hot so make sure you use heavy oven mitts.)
- Place back in oven and bake an additional 15 minutes. One more time, take out, sprinkle coconut and place back in for 5 more minutes.
- Let sit on a cooling rack for 5 minutes then, serve up and enjoy!!
More Delectable Vegetable Side Dish Recipes: