Here’s a delicious and healthy side dish recipe that’s great when you are short on preparation time. (Love frozen veggies) This has become a family favorite and maybe for you too.
Nutrition: calories 91.6, fat 5.8 g, carbs 9 g, fiber .7 g, protein 2.4, Weight Watchers PointsPlus® 3
Baked Panko Zucchini Crisps
- 4 cups frozen zucchini, crinkle rounds
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp plus 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste, not to much salt, the cheese has a good amount
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a large baking sheet with non stick foil, mist with cooking spray, set aside
- Measure 4 cups of zucchini and place in a large microwave safe bowl. Cook about 1 minute just to defrost a little so the veggies are not frozen solid anymore.
- Add the olive oil, salt and pepper and mix gently. Lay out onto prepared baking pan, sprinkle the bread crumbs over the zucchini and toss around or shake the pan just a little. Place in oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until nice and crispy brown. Take out and sprinkle the cheese and place back in for another 5 minutes or so.
- Serve up with your favorite protein and, enjoy this great side dish!
Other Great Vegetable Side Dishes: