I remember a similar recipe my mom used to make years ago. I always thought it looked so fancy and tasted so good. Here is my version of that dish that I hope you enjoy as much as my family does.
Nutrition: calories 74, fat 6.3 g, carbs 2.6 g, fiber 1 g, protein 3 g, Weight Watchers PointsPlus® 2
Baked Tomato Parmesan
Makes 2 servings
- 1 large tomato
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- Dash of Kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Fresh or dried oregano and basil , about 1/4 tsp
- 2-3 tbsp. tomato sauce, homemade or store bought, use a good quality for best taste
- 1 tsp pine nuts, divided
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Rinse tomato and dry completely. Slice in half. Make a very small slice on the bottom of each tomato so they can sit without
- Sprinkle on salt, pepper and spices. Spoon on the tomato sauce then top with both cheeses.
- Place on a cookie sheet that is lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake for about 15- 20 minutes until the cheeses are melted but not burnt and the tomato has softened.
- Add pine nuts on top of tomato the last 5 minutes of baking.
Looking for other side dishes?…