As I stood with a skirt steak in hand I stared at my refrigerator trying to decide what I was going to do with it. With a limited selection I created this delicious recipe. I was happily surprised with the outcome and that my family ate every last morsel.
Beef Ramen Stir-Fry
- 2 lbs skirt steak
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1/8 tsp each: coriander, curry, turmeric and cumin
- 1 tsp peanut or sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- salt & pepper
- 3 pkgs ramen noodles
- Slice the steak into 3 inch long thin pieces. Slice the pepper to thin pieces (smaller than what you see in the picture – I made them too big). Then slice the onion paper thin.
- Cook the Ramen noodles in boiling water without the season packets until tender. Drain and cover to keep warm.
- Saute the onions and pepper in oil until they begin to get tender. Then add the steak until cooked through.
- While the steak and veggies are cooking add the soy sauce and seasoning: coriander, curry, turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Remove the steak and veggies when cooked leaving the juices in pan. Combine the broth and cornstarch. Add to the pan juices and simmer until thickened. Pour over steak and veggies.
- Serve over ramen noodles. Enjoy!