Best Baked Donuts Ever!
This recipe is so easy to prepare, especially since the donuts are not fried. No hot oil to worry around the kiddies. These taste just as good or better than any fried donut. Have fun with the decorations.
Nutrition: calorie per iced donut 215, fat 2.9 g
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, this ingredient is very important for the authentic tastes of a donut
- 3/4 tsp ground sea salt, if you don't have sea salt, regular table salt is fine
- 3/4 cup low fat buttermilk
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 1 tbsp milk, start with 1/2 tbsp, add more as needed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Food coloring, optional
- colored sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, mist a doughnut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the wet ingredients, add to dry mixture. Using a rubber spatula, mix well making sure you dig deep down to get any dry mixture on the bottom. You can switch to a wire whisk to quickly whisk together. Let the batter rest for 3 minutes.
- Fill each donut cavity with a small spoon about 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake 6 to 9 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly touched. The tops will be lightly golden. Cool in pan for about 10 minutes. Flip out onto a cooling rack and let cool for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- For the icing, in a small to medium mixing bowl, whisk the sifted powdered sugar with milk and vanilla until you have a nice smooth glaze.
- Pour, drizzle anyway you want to cover the donuts. Have fun. Sprinkle topping right away before icing sets. Donuts are best when eaten the same day. YUM!
Fabulous Pastry Recipes:
Out Of This World Cinnamon Rolls
Luscious Cinnamon Cheese Danish
Healthy And Delicious Strawberry Blueberry Shortcake
Permanent link to this article: https://skinnysweetsdaily.com/best-baked-donuts-ever/