When you take a bite of this cheesecake, you will not believe it is lower in fat and calories than a full fat version. A slice of cheesecake from a restaurant or bakery can be anywhere from 400 calories and 18 grams of fat and up! Way up! As you can see this recipe is made with real ingredients, nothing artificial and it’s fabulous! I made this especially for Regina’s husband Ken and beautiful daughter Victoria (Yes, we both have Tori’s) New York Cheesecake is their favorite dessert. So, this recipe is dedicated to Ken and Victoria. I hope the two of them along with Regina and her son Derrick enjoy this as well. You’re one great family!
Nutrition: calories 127.8, fat 6 g, carbs 16 g, fiber 0 g, sugars 15.3 g, sodium 122.2 mg, protein 2.7 g,
- 1/4 cup reduced fat graham crackers made into crumbs
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 packages ( 8 ounce size) reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large or extra large egg
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp vanilla extract, use a good quality for best flavor
- pinch of salt
- Powdered sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9-inch spring form pan with cooking spray and wrap the bottom with aluminum foil.
- Grease the bottom of the pan with the 1-tablespoon of butter and then add the graham cracker crumbs and shake around tilting the pan to coat as evenly as possible. You will probably have extra crumbs. You can leave them or discard them.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer beat the softened cream cheese and sugar until nice and fluffy. This will take about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now, add the whole egg and the two egg whites one by one. Then add a pinch of salt, the vanilla extract and cornstarch.
- Last but not least, add in the cup of sour cream. Mix on lowest speed until all is well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes. The center will still be a little loose. Lower the oven to 275 degrees and bake another 20 to 30 minutes or so. If the top cracks a little, that’s okay.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for at least an hour until almost completely cooled.
- Place in fridge for 4 or more hours.
- Remove from pan, slice into 12 slices and enjoy every bite!
Discover More Recipes Using Sour Cream: