Submitted by: Crystal Sykes, Simply Playful Fare
Simply a healthy satisfying soup that can be whipped up with a few ingredients. However, the combination of the sweet potatoes with the leeks and carrots creates a full flavored soup that you will enjoy time and again.
Nutrition: 138 calories, 0.8g fat, 30.9g carbohydrates, 2.8g protein
Bountiful Sweet Potato, Leek & Carrot Soup
- 3 small to medium Leeks
- 4 Carrots
- ½ Onion
- 4 Celery Stalks
- 3 medium Sweet Potatoes, peeled
- 2 quarts Chicken Stock
- 1 teaspoon dried Thyme
- ¼ teaspoon White Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Salt
- Chop Leeks and add them to a large bowl full of cold water. Once they are all in, swish them around a little to get the sand out. Then, remove the leeks from the water and place in a strainer. If you pour the leeks and water in to the strainer, you're going to pour all that sand on top, so just grab them out a handful at a time.
- Remove Leeks from the water bath and add to a large stock pot.
- Chop carrots, onion, celery, and sweet potatoes, and add to the pot.
- Add the chicken stock and spices.
- Cook for about 20-30 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are cooked.
View Crystal’s fabulous pictures from her original post.
More Soup Recipes to Delight Your Palate:
Kale, Chorizo and Chick Pea Tomato Soup
Pasta Soup with Chicken Livers
Winter Squash Soup