This easy recipe is sure to be a family and company favorite. Even my eight year old loved this recipe. With a handful of ingredients, you end up with a full flavored delicious dish.
Brussels Sprouts With Bacon And Pine Nuts
- 1 to 1/2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, rinsed with cool water and drained. Cut in half or whole.
- 4 to 6 slices turkey bacon, (I used organic) or traditional
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 tsp Kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Sprinkle of red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tbsp. toasted pine nuts (place nuts in dry pan for just a few minutes, move the pan around then, take off the heat. Try not burn. Set aside)
- 1/4 cup veggie or chicken broth
- parsley for garnish, optional
- In a large non stick fry pan, cook the bacon until desired doneness. We like it burned. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Wipe out the pan, you can leave a little of the bacon fat. Melt the butter with the oil, toss in the Brussels sprouts and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, tossing around with a wooden spoon. Add the broth and bring to a boil. Cook another few minutes. Cut up the bacon, toss in just to warm up.
- Place on serving dish and sprinkle with pine nuts. Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!
Try These Vegetable Side Dish Recipes Next:
Roasted Acorn Squash
Baked Panko Zucchini Crisps