This fun cake is just that. Fun to make and so much fun to eat. Believe it or not, it was not a hard recipe to prepare and my son and I had a great time putting it all together. Give it a try and have fun!
- 1 box WHITE cake mix, it must be white and not yellow or butter flavor
- Food coloring
- 1 tub whipped topping, I used Cool Whip
- Candy corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 X 11 baking pan with clear cooking spray or grease with white shortening. Set aside until ready to fill.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box. Then, divide into 3 equal parts in 3 separate bowls.
- Color one orange, one yellow and leave one white. Add enough food color to make a little on the dark side. When baking, the color may fade.
- Spread the yellow layer evenly on bottom of prepared pan. Place in the freezer for about 20-25 minutes. Take out, then spread the orange layer over. Be very gently when spreading. Place back in freezer another 20-25 minutes. Take out again, spread the white layer evenly over and place back in, well, you know the routine.
- Now, and finally, take out of the freezer and place in oven. Bake as directed on package for the size pan. Try not to over bake.
- Check with wooden skewer or toothpick for either no crumbs or dry crumbs. Let cool completely. Then spread the whipped topping over the entire cake making a nice design.
- This will be the hardest part, you will have to put in fridge overnight or at least 6 hours. Then, take out of fridge and decorate with of course the star, candy corns! Cut into nice large pieces and enjoy every single sweet bite!
Store leftovers, I don't know how you will have any, but, if you do, store in fridge for up to 3 day.
More Fabulous Cake Recipes:
Easy Fresh Cranberry Bundt Cake
Marshmallow Fluff Cake
Elegant And Easy Swiss Roll Cake