Submitted by: Crystal Sykes
These Caprese Skewers are a simple, easy, and elegant appetizer.
- Grape or Cherry Tomatoes
- Fresh Mozzarella (you can use the small balled ones, or cut up some cubes)
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Ground Pepper
- You’ll notice at this point that I didn’t list any amounts. That’s because you can make as few or as many as you like. Here’s how to combine them.
- Cut your tomatoes in half. They will absorb flavors better this way
- Place half a tomato on the toothpick. Top it with a piece of basil, then the mozzarella, then the other half of the tomato.
- Place in the container you wish to store them in. Once you have made your desired amount, drizzle your treats with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add a little bit of fresh ground pepper.
How About a Few More Small Bite Recipes: