Today my niece Cara came by with a handful of strawberries and some white chocolate. She wanted to make a fun treat with my son Josh. They told me they were making Santa Hats. She thought I should put them up on our web site. She made them with a little less coating of chocolate but still have a good amount to make them extra yummy and sweet. So here is her version of Santa hats. They are really delicious. Thanks Cara, we love you! XO
Nutrition: calories 28.8, fat 1.5 g, carbs 3.5 g, fiber .4 g, sugars 3.4 g, sodium 3.4 mg, protein .3 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 1 per strawberry
White Chocolate Strawberry Santa Hats
- 12 medium strawberries
- 4 servings bakers white chocolate, that would be 2 whole squares.(I wouldn’t suggest using white baking chips. They do not melt as well as baking chocolate does.)
Have a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- Wash and dry the strawberries well.
- Cut the stem off and make sure you cut the bottom as straight as you can.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate at 20 second intervals. After each 20 seconds, mix and then place back in the microwave. This should take about 3 to 4 times. The chocolate should be nice and creamy.
- Let the chocolate sit on the counter for a few minutes to cool down. Stir a few times as well.
- Now with a plastic knife, spoon or a thin metal spatula, spread some chocolate around each rim of the bottom of the strawberry. You will have more than enough to go around. If you have extra grab more strawberries!
- Don’t forget about the top of Santa’s hat. Give a little dollop of the chocolate.
- Set back in the fridge for about 20 minutes until all the chocolate is set and enjoy!
Happy Holidays! HO HO HO!
Makes 12 strawberries