This recipe has been around so long. My mom would make this for us every week. We never tired of it and now I’m making it for my family. Serve with a veggie and salad and you have a great well rounded dinner. Enjoy!
Cheesy Chicken In A Crescent Pocket
- 2 tubes Pillsbury or store bought crescent rolls, you can use reduced fat too.
- 1 pound ground lean chicken, or any lean ground meat
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese 2 %
- 1 jar your favorite marinara sauce
- 12 tsp onion and garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp group black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Have a non stick muffin tin sprayed with cooking spray inside and around the edges of each cup. Set aside.
- In a large non stick fry pan, pour the olive oil in swirl around then add the ground meat and chopped onion. chop up while cooking. Add the spices and cook until all the meat is in small pieces and cooked completely. Drain any drippings.
- Pour the sauce in and stir until bubbling just a bit. Set aside until ready to fill the cups.
- On a cutting board, lay out all the crescent rolls. Take two triangles and make into one square. You can use a rolling pin if needed. Or, just use your fingers.
- Place one square into a muffin cup and fill with just enough meat sauce to fill about half way to three quarters the way. Sprinkle on some cheese. fold the corners to cover as best as possible. It does not have to be perfect. Some will eventually come out while baking. Now continue until all cups are complete.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until crescent is lightly browned. Check after 10 minutes in the oven.
- Take out when done and let rest for just about 5 minutes. Gently with a knife and fork, lift out and serve.
More Great Hand Held Meal Recipes:
Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue