Chocolate Popcorn Fudge
This is a lighter version of chocolate fudge that has become a huge hit with my family. I added the popcorn to give some texture. We all love milk chocolate but you can use semisweet or bittersweet chocolate as well. I made this particular batch in a 9 x 13 pan and cut them into 40 thin small pieces so each serving is 2 pieces of fudge. You can also make the batch in an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan and cut thicker chunks but 1 serving would be 1 piece. Either way, it’s delish!
Nutrition: calories 144, fat 5.6, carbs 12.6, fiber less than 1, protein 2.7, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 3
- 1 bag milk chocolate morsels (12 ounce bag)
- 1 can fat free sweetened condensed milk (12 ounce can)
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup mini marshmallow, optional
- 4 cups microwave popcorn (the 100 calorie bags, only use 4 cups out of the bag)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a 9 x 13 or a square baking pan with non stick tin foil. Set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate morsels, condensed milk, and butter. Stir until smooth and melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and pinch of salt. Now gently stir in the popcorn and marshmallows if using.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth mixture evenly. Chill at least 2 hours in fridge.
- Remove from pan. Peel off the foil and place on a cutting board. Cut into squares and enjoy this rich, luscious treat.
Some of Our Favorite Recipes using Fat Free Sweetened Condensed Milk:
Chocolate Coconut Almond Bars
The Best Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Delicious Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles
Permanent link to this article: https://skinnysweetsdaily.com/chocolate-popcorn-fudge-the-skinny-way/