Tonight when I asked for some ideas for dinner my husband said “How about fish”. My son said “Can we have bacon?”. So I decided to combine their ideas for this delectable dish which was promptly eaten up. Not a stitch of leftovers to be had.
Creamy Bacon Shrimp Sauté
- 1 1/2 lb. shrimp (shelled, deveined and tails removed)
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped, I used turkey bacon
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp cream cheese, I used reduced fat
- Saute bacon and scallions until browned.
- Add olive oil and shrimp. Cook shrimp until opaque.
- Add cream cheese and tomato. Simmer until tomatoes are warmed through and sauce has a consistent creamy texture.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
Fantastic Fish Recipes:
Baked Shrimp Wontons
Baked Salmon Fillet