This smooth and creamy cheesecake is so easy to put together. It tastes like a full fat cheesecake, but only has a fraction of the fat and calories. Try making this on a warm sunny day and take a slice outside to enjoy. I bet it will be a real crowd pleaser this Labor Day Weekend. Enjoy.
Nutrition: calories 104.4, fat 3.2 g, carbs 9.4 g, fiber 0.2 g, sugar 3.7 g, sodium 274.4 mg, protein 5.5 g
Creamy Dreamy Orange Cheesecake – Low Carb & Low Sugar
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 small box Jell-O Sugar Free Orange Gelatin — 3 ounce package
- 4 oz low fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup 1% low fat cottage cheese
- 1 low fat graham cracker, crushed
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups Cool Whip Free or Lite, thawed
- 1 tbsp low fat aerosol whipped cream
- Orange zest for garnish, optional
- Orange or mandarin slices for garnish, optional
- Mist both the bottom and sides of a 9 inch pie plate with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small zip lock bag, crush up the graham cracker into fine crumbs. You can use a rolling pin or the bottom of a small saucepan to lightly crush them.
- Sprinkle crumbs all over the bottom of the pie plate. Set aside until ready to fill.
- In a heat proof bowl, add Jell-O and then add the boiling water. Stir until completely dissolved. This should take about 1 to 2 minutes. Let cool for about 5 to 8 minutes.
- In a blender, add the cooled Jell-O, cottage cheese, softened cream cheese (both types), and vanilla extract. Blend until smooth and creamy. The smell is so refreshing.
- Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl and gently fold or stir in Cool Whip until blended.
- Gently pour or spoon mixture into pie plate and smooth out.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set. When you slice this up, you will have loose graham cracker crumbs on the bottom of the pie plate; sprinkle them over the whipped cream and the pie. Yum!
More Tempting Cheesecake Inspired Recipes: