The dessert is the last course of a menu and should be chosen with care – after all, it makes the final impression and is the one guests take home with them.
And finally, this deliciously light and creamy Italian sweet specialty is tasty pleasure for all our senses.
Creamy Tasty Delight – Panna Cotta with Coffee
- ½ vanilla pod
- 500 ml (18 fl oz) cream
- 100 g (3 ½ oz) sugar
- 1 tbsp coffee beans
- 3 sheets leaf gelatin
- Cut the vanilla pod in half length ways. Extract out the seeds with a knife and add them to the cream. Put the cream into a saucepan with the scraped vanilla pod, sugar and coffee beans and bring to the boil.
- Meanwhile, soak the gelatin sheets in cold water for approximately 10 minutes, until it become soft.
- Remove the boiled cream mixture from the heat. Drain the gelatin, add to the hot cream and leave to dissolve.
- Pour the cream through a strainer into a measuring jug.
- Pour into glasses and leave to cool in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours until set.
- Remove from the refrigerator, put the glasses into hot water for a moment, then turn out panna cotta and serve.
Sprinkle the panna cotta with crushed almonds biscuits or amaretti and decorate it with amarena cherries.