These moist and gooey brownies will satisfy any chocolate craving. With healthy ingredients and all vegan, they are a true winner!
Nutrition: calories 136, fat 5.6 g, carbs 20 g, fiber 2 g, protein 2 g, sugars 9.3 g
Double Chocolate Zucchini Brownies
Makes 16 brownies
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher or sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cups maple syrup, I use grade B, better for baking, or agave syrup
- 1/3 cup avocado, grape seed or canola oil
- 2 cups finely grated zucchini, not packed
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 packets all natural Stevia, optional or to taste
- 1/2 cup semi or bittersweet chocolate chips, use a good quality
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, mist a non stick 9 inch square pan with cooking spray and set aside. You can also line with parchment paper and mist with spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients together. Make sure there are no lumps of cocoa or flour.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips. Once all combined, add to the dry ingredients and gently mix until all is combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Tap the batter with a spatula to remove any air bubbles.
- Sprinkle on the chips and bake for about 30 minutes. Try not to over bake. A toothpick should come out with moist crumbs and the brownies should spring back slightly when touched lightly. Let cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
Discover More Delectable Brownie Recipes: