This delicious recipe has been in my family for years. There are so many versions around, but, we love this simple and easy one. Only a few ingredients and you have a wonderful family meal that everyone will love. I used ground turkey, any ground meat will work great. Serve with a favorite vegetable and salad.
Nutrition: calories 336, fat 2.8 g, carbs 53 g, fiber 4.4 g, protein 29.2 g, Weight Watchers PointsPlus® 9
Easiest American Chop Suey
- 20 ounces, a little over a pound, 93 % ground turkey, you can use any ground meat of choice.
- 3 10.5 ounce cans tomato soup or a large 26 ounce can and 1 small can. If you like it really creamy, add more!
- 1/2 box of elbow macaroni
- 1/2 box whole wheat macaroni, both out of a 16 ounce box
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Onion powder to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, have a large oven proof casserole dish misted with cooking spray and set aside.
- Boil both elbow pastas in a large pot until al dente. When finished, drain, put back in pot, cover with foil until ready to use.
- In a large non stick pan, add a teaspoon of olive oil or mist with cooking spray, add turkey and break up any large pieces while cooking over medium heat. Add salt, pepper, onion and garlic pepper. Keep cooking until meat is completely cooked. Drain off any added fat.
- Add tomato soup into pan, Do Not Add Water mix around until all the meat is coated and looks creamy. Now carefully pour into pot with the elbow pasta. Mix gently and either pour into a serving dish or place in oven for about 15 minutes. Take out and let sit for 5 minutes and serve up. Enjoy!
Other Pasta Sensations: