You will love how easy and delish this cake is. Since this cake is made with baby food carrots, you don’t even need to grate any carrots for this cake. Carrots are loaded with antioxidants and there is a nice amount of fiber per piece of cake. I didn’t add any oil or butter to this recipe and it is still very moist without the added fat. This is a great recipe to make with the kids; no raw eggs involved. This carrot cake presents very well and it would be a great option for a buffet dessert bar or to shine as the main dessert. Enjoy!
Nutrition: calories 196.1, fat 1.6 g, carbs 38 g, fiber 2.4 g, sugar 22.4 g, sodium 43.7 mg, protein 5.7 g, Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 5 – per slice
- 4 4 ounce jars baby carrots
- 1 4 ounce jar baby applesauce
- 1 cup Egg Beaters or any store brand egg substitute
- 1 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained very well (save the juice for later)
- 1 tbsp of the reserved pineapple juice
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 4 oz light cream cheese, softened at room temp
- 4 oz fat free cream cheese, softened at room temp
- 3/4 cup marshmallow fluff
- 3/4 – 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp soy, almond or skim milk
- 1 tbsp pineapple juice, optional
- orange zest to your liking for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Have a Bundt pan ready and sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the following with a rubber spatula: carrots, applesauce, eggs, pineapple, juice, vanilla, sugar, zest, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix completely until well combined. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour batter into baking pan and try to make sure it’s even all around.
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes. Turn pan around after 25 minutes for even baking. Take the cake out after 45 minutes and check with a toothpick or wooden skewer. It should come out with clean with dry crumbs.
- Let cool in the pan on a cooling rack while you are getting the frosting ready.
For the frosting:
- In a large mixing bowl add the light cream cheese, fat free cream cheese, marshmallow cream (spray the measuring cup with cooking spray for easy removal of the cream). Mix with a hand held electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add the vanilla extract. Slowly add the powdered sugar along with 1 tbsp of milk. After all the sugar is in, add the second tbsp of milk (if needed) and the pineapple juice. After, use a rubber spatula to mix the frosting. Set aside.
- Use a plate to invert the cake and remove from Bundt pan. Drizzle the frosting over the cake and garnish with the orange zest.
Enjoy this healthy, yummy cake!
Fantastic Cake Recipes:
Nothing Better than Nutella Bundt Cake
Moist Lower Fat Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Lighten Up Upside Down Pineapple Cake