This is such an easy recipe, and beyond delish! I can’t believe it but these taste like the full fat cupcakes that you get in the bakery but they are not! I think you will love these and want to make them all the time!
Nutrition: Per cupcake, calories 148, Fat 2.5, carbs. 29 grams, fiber less than grams, protein 2 grams Weight Watcher PointsPlus® 4
Easiest Red Velvet Cupcakes With Creamy Frosting
- 1 box Betty Crocker super moist white cake mix
- 10 oz diet black cherry soda or Cherry seltzer
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp +1 tsp red food coloring
- 4 oz reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 heaping cup marshmallow fluff (spray measuring cup with cooking spray for easy removal)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Red sprinkles, optional
- Prepare the frosting, mix all ingredients except the sprinkles with an electric mixer until smooth. Place covered in fridge for at least 2 hours. before starting the batter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Have foil liners ready in cupcake pan.Mist cooking spray into the cups. Set aside.
- Mix ingredients in the order that is listed. Mix with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until all ingredients are combined. With an electric mixer, beat about 1 - 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Pour into cupcake pan 3/4 full.
- Bake about 14-16 minutes until wooden toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, frost with a thin layer and top with sprinkles.
Some of Our Favorite Cupcake Recipes:
Signature Skinny Sweets Daily Pink Cupcake
Simply Scrumptious Pistachio Cupcakes
Easy Gooey Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes